On the internet, it’s become common to come across hordes of content and sites that are fake and promote questionable content. Many of these are also used as a ruse to obtain sensitive information about users and use it for their gain. These sites waste a lot of our time and energy, necessitating the creation of a verification site. One such entity is the 꽁머니 (bonus), which has long been regarded as one of the most reliable sources for learning about fake websites. Protecting your digital footstep is an extremely crucial step.
Top tips to ensure that your online browsing is safe:
- Always ensure that the browser and plug-ins are updated to the latest version.
- It is convenient to have a browser that makes it easier for you to transfer your bookmarks in between multiple devices.
- Always have an option to block pop-ups as many of these are laden with viruses and risky content.
- Try to make adblockers a practice whenever you get online. These remove unwanted ads and keep your information safe as well.
- Make sure you have turned off tracking options if it is present in your browser.
- It is a good idea to clear out caches and cookies once in a while to prevent third parties from gaining access to your information.
- Private browsing is a great way to protect sensitive information such as financial records and passwords from being hacked into.
- Over the years VPNs have gained prevalence as well as they help to spoof your location and lower the chances of your IP address being tracked.
- Password leaks can be the stuff of nightmares and for that reason enable a password manager onto your computer.
- Make sure anti-virus programs and firewalls are kept updated and ready for use as well.
The site is an online medium for one to stay updated with the knowledge of fake sites and it keeps getting this list updated as well. They have been pioneers in this field with experience of over 10 years and their main motive is to make the internet a safer space for all. Apart from that, they come with a feature where you can type in the name of a website and it will scan for it on spot and let you know the verdict. Apart from these they also have a general list of rules and guidelines to stay away from fraudulent sites.